02 May 2007

Not much going on

Not too much for me to really rant and rave about at the moment, but in order to meet the terms of my lucrative blog contract I'd better post a little something for my tens of readers out there. So let's quickly talk a little bit about the "pussification of america." It's what I call the moronic push to be TOO PC in this country. Like everyone is a sensitive sap ready to explode at the first hint of being offended. I of course can't believe what this world is coming too. First, we can't have people saying Merry Christmas anymore because someone who doesn't believe in God (or Christ) might be offended. So people go around saying "Happy Holidays" instead even though we all know what they mean.

Second, what's the deal with not keeping score during little kids' sporting events/competitions? Seems to me like there's no way to know if you need to improve. And here's a hint, everyobody knows which kids suck ass whether you keep stats for them or not. When I was a kid I hated to lose--it drove me to do better and to get that shitty taste out of my mouth. You'd have to be a moron to not want the enjoyment you receive from beating an opponent. Who wouldn't want to be the guy that sinks the winning basket, kicks the game-winning goal, or makes the game-saving catch? No reason why people can't feel disappointment. It's healthy to feel these emotions.

I could go on, but then you wouldn't have the pleasure of checking back in with me now and again to see what I'm up to. Here's the thing--we can't be sheltered little weaklings for our entire lives. What happens when these kids who are protected their entire lives suddenly are thrust out into the real world? Think about it...

No comments: