29 May 2007

Mitt Romney is a showoff

Apparently, Mitt Romney has said he will donate his salary to charity if he is elected president. You can read the story here. He says he never expected to make so much money from his business ventures and that he wouldn't need the salary and would possibly donate more than that.

This type of shit is why poor people get turned off by Republicans. Nothing says, "look at how much more well off I am" than telling people about all the money you've got and how $400K doesn't mean shit to you. Here's guessing most people aren't going to care what you do with the money--hell, it could be to build a spaceship for John Smith and Brigham Young. How about you tell us what you're actually going to do for the country, you ass. Or better yet, donate your salary to different families to help them on their feet. In fact, he could start with my family!

Just because my nickname is Tripod doesn't mean, when I was single, I went around saying I wouldn't have sex with sorority girls because I'd already laid so much pipe in high school...that'd be crazy talk.

No comments: