28 May 2007

The Stanley Cup--who gives a shit

Was I the only one who thought the NHL season was over? If you were, I'm sorry to say that's no the case. The last game of the conference finals was played May 22. The finals don't start until tonight, which is the same night the Jazz and Spurs are playing game 4 of the western conference finals. That's a smart move by the NHL. This is a league whose TV ratings are absolutely abysmal. I think more people would rather watch me take a dump than watch a single game of the playoffs. You've got a seven-game series that might not be over until the 11th of June--huh?! Enough already!! The playoffs started on the 11th of April and it takes two months to run through this garbage? Give me a break--get shit crap over with in some kind of manner so people give a shit and don't lose interested before the end of the 1st round. Otherwise, you can bet this sport will continue to become more and more irrelevant.

No comments: