19 June 2007

2007 US Open

Wow. I've been to a couple of Nationwide Tour events, but it was nothing compared to the experience I had at Oakmont. It was my first PGA Tour event and a major championship at that, which made it all that much better. My buddy, Doo doo Brown (that's his name--he's from Oregon so you kinda get the point), and I scored tickets for the third round and it was worth every penny. The atmosphere, players, and course conditions were phenomenal. What wasn't were the ass clowns in the grandstands around 18 green that kept calling for golfers to throw their balls up into the stands. I'm talking grown adults waving their arms like a bunch of mongoloids. I wanted to punch those people in the mouth. One asshole next to us kept telling Jerry Kelly to throw his ball up--he must have said it about five times. I wanted to go over, rip his balls off and hand them to him...now you got two balls, ass fuck.

I'll tell you what else was nice--the hot women. They were all over the place! PGA Tour events=gold mine. We had one woman sitting in front of us who was wearing no bra whatsoever and a tight little top. It was easily 90 that day, but she must have had a cold because her headlights were on. Let's just say there wasn't a need to use your imagination. After she left another chick sat down. She had her hair colored this purplish-red color, which all guys know means she's a dirty girl. The best part was when she sat down and we noticed she had not one, but two tramp stamps. That and the little pink thong showing were enough to pull my attention away from the action on the 18th.

Anyways, back to the golf. I was a bit surprised Tiger lost and it was annoying to hear the NBC announcers talk about his par saves while not really noting the fact if he'd hit some decent approach shots into the greens he would've been putting for birdie. How a great short game player like Tiger runs his bunker shot off the green on 17 is beyond me. And why he played driver on the 2nd instead of the 3 wood is a mystery. Then the poor shot on the third from the fairway followed by two more poor shots summed up his round. It was a lot of if's. Furyk inexplicably chose to hit driver and I don't care what his rationale was for it. He had to figure Cabrera wasn't going to birdie 18 as hard as it was playing. Cabrera, for all of his mistakes (see the bogies at 16 and 17), made the plays early that allowed him to make a couple of blunders late. For once it seemed Tiger succumbed to the pressure of a final round and faltered instead of the other way around. Now that his baby is born it'll be interesting to see his schedule and how he'll play Carnoustie next month--I think he's got an outstanding shot if he plays it like he did the British last year.

No comments: