22 January 2008

Some sports observations from the weekend

A couple of things I noticed from the weekend of sports. First, I thought the conference championship games were great--especially the Packers-Giants. Should be in an interesting Super Bowl, but I think people are giving the Giants too much credit for their close LOSS to the Patriots. I'm smelling a blowout in Arizona and I foresee Manning having a Jake Plummer type of relapse. Remember the great season Plummer had for the Broncos in 2005 only to see him go back to normal against the Steelers?

Second, Maryland played a great game against North Carolina in Chapel Hill to knock off the top seed. Lots of crowd reaction shots and seeing the UNC coeds crying after the loss, which is completely stupid. But here's what I noticed: there are a LOT of ugly girls who go to UNC. I didn't see a single hot chick--just a bunch of "nerd" hot ladies. It looks like if you want to get a hot piece of ass in the Raleigh-Durham area you have to go to NC State or ECU where they don't care about academics and focus on keggers and getting laid.

No comments: