05 January 2008

A restaurant observation

My wife and I love breakfast. And when we've got time, like on the weekends, our restaurant of choice is The Original Pancake House. We started going when we lived in Las Vegas and we were more than happy to find one here in the DC area. Great service and even better food. You're guaranteed to leave the place full. But what if you're not full? This question hit me this morning and I wondered: why can't you order dessert at a breakfast place?

Why is that during breakfast the server doesn't ask if you'd be interested in dessert? Maybe I'm in the mood for a warm apple crisp or some chocolate cake. A little ice cream would be nice. Of course, if you manage to eat everything on your plate and ask for dessert you're looking like the pudgy kid in the below post. On second thought, I'll skip the dessert.

No comments: