04 January 2008

It's the start of a new year

Yesterday marked the beginning of the 2008 PGA Tour season, which means looking forward to watching some golf Thursday and Friday night and catching the weekend action. It's a good thing after having to endure some of the silly season events to end the year (lots of crap after the Target World Challenge). The start of a new season also serves as a reminder I've got the wrong job. Who the hell wouldn't want to spend a couple of weeks prior to the Mercedes Benz Championship practicing?

My resolution for this year is to find a way to work as hard as necessary and maximize my salary. I don't know if that's going to come from winning the lottery (got my fingers crossed) or suddenly being able to play tour-caliber golf, but it's got to happen. Having had the last 9 days off has made me realize how great sitting on my ass for hours on end truly is. Maybe I'll try a get rich quick seminar or order information on starting my own home-based business. If anybody knows someone rich who is willing to give me a couple million dollars to get started I would appreciate it and provide an autographed picture of my dog.

No comments: