12 September 2007

Time for change

You ever have those bosses or coworkers who really get worked up about work? They have some issue they find amazing or a problem that's suddenly the possible coming of the apocalypse? I do. And in my head I'm thinking, "are you fucking serious?" Happens all the time where I work and I can't stand it. Maybe there is something in my genes, but I just can't get that fired up. I've been an officer for 10 years now and I'll tell you the worst part--the responsibility. I don't feel like it. I see those guys who are working on the grounds around the complex and I'm thinking, "now that's a job I could go for." No real responsibilities there. Give me a job where I'm busy roofing or stringing wire in a house and I'm down. I'd love to be my own boss, but that means more work than I'm willing to do.

I don't even think I could handle being a celebrity--too many people around you always wanting autographs. I do speak fluent Spanish so maybe I could get crazy rich as a soap star in Puerto Rico and then move to the States. In reality I just need the Mega Millions to come through for me one time--that's what I'm talking about for effort...zero.

Maybe it's just time for a job change for me. I think there's something wrong if you haven't enjoyed your career for nearly two years. The feeling of vomitting every morning shouldn't happen, should it?

No comments: