26 September 2007

Michael Vick has learned his lesson

Here are a couple of Michael Vick quotes during a press conference about a month ago following his guilty plea:

"I will redeem myself. I have to."

"I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts and, you know, what I did was, what I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up."

"I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to bettering Michael Vick the person, not the football player."

"I take full responsibility for my actions … I am totally responsible."

So what does the new, responsible Michael Vick do? He decides to light up a little bit of the Mary Jane and take a toke. Dude popped positive for the wacky tobaccy September 13th. So now he's got to stay home between 10 PM and 6 AM, submit to random drug testing, and wear some type of monitoring device. His lawyer says he's going through a difficult time. I've never been in legal trouble, but I'm guessing while you wait for one trial you don't want to break any other laws. This guy wants to get back into the NFL and he fails a drug test. That's a four-game suspension for a first-time offense. And that's tacked on to the indefinite suspension the guy is already serving.

That flushing sound is Michael Vick's chances of playing football again going down the toilet. Great job, Smokey!

No comments: