16 June 2011

Tuesday's run recap

I would've written yesterday, but with so many things going on I wasn't able to get online. The biggest news for me was the fact I got selected for promotion to Lieutenant Colonel so that was a big accomplishment. Anyway, Tuesday's run really felt good compared to the long layoff run I did Monday morning. I actually felt really good until some point near the last half mile, but I feel like I'm getting my legs back under me. Two more runs before the 10K this Saturday followed by a long run on Sunday. I'm really intrigued to see how this week goes and what shape I'll be in. Tuesday's run was a regular 3-6 miles because of the race Saturday so the speed workout in essence gets swapped out. One of the biggest factors will now begin to be the weather. 76 degrees Tuesday morning certainly felt hotter and so it'll be important I get out as early as possible to escape as much of the heat as possible. Today was certainly a good break, but it's a little intimidating to think I don't have another day off until Wednesday!

Goal: 3-6 miles
Actual: 3.79 miles in 31:00 (8:10/mile pace)
Weather: 76 degrees, clear, winds out of the NNW at 5 mph

No comments: