19 June 2011

This one hurt!

After yesterday's race I wasn't sure what to expect on my run this morning. I do now: pain. Took a while to get started this morning as I felt sore. One thing I do know is that I'm going to have to rethink doing races on Saturdays even if it's once a month. With long runs on Sunday I just don't know that it's the smartest thing. Normally, my speed workout is on Tuesday almost as a sort of culmination of the training before a day off, which is fine, but races mean swapping workouts. A normal Saturday involves a regular run where the main focus is the miles and not the time. Once I got going it certainly wasn't too bad, but it took me a while to really get going--probably about 2.5 miles. The weather was great today and not very hot so I was able to really enjoy the day before the heat and winds picked up.

Goal: 4-8 miles at 45-60 seconds slower than marathon pace (9:00/mile)
Actual: 4.79 miles in 46:44 (9:45/mile pace)
Weather: Sunny, 77 degrees, winds from the W at 11 mph

No comments: