17 June 2011

Today's run

Today's run had a bad movie feel to it: bad start, decent middle, bad finish. This morning was just not a good start at all as my breathing was off and my left knee was bother me a bit. Things actually started feeling great after about the first half mile; my breathing was good and my knee was finally warmed up. But starting with mile 3 everything went back to the crapper. I guess it's just one of those things I'm going to have deal with although as I continue building mileage each week I'll feel more and more prepared. I will say I'm certainly nervous about tomorrow's race if only because I'm curious about the pace and whether I can keep it up for the entire race. I think once I'm around other runners, though, that the competitive juices will start flowing and things will be a bit better.

Goal: 3-6 miles
Actual: 3.79 miles in 32:42 (8:38 min/mile pace)
Weather: Cloudy, 81 degrees, winds from the WSW at 5 mph

No comments: