05 June 2011

Back from the dead?!

Been a LONG time since I've posted on here. So why am I posting now? I'm embarking on my first marathon so I thought I'd keep this updated as a log of my training. I had started running when I was deployed to Afghanistan in 2009. While I had run before, it was more when I needed to and not because I wanted. Then I began running three times a week and really enjoyed it so when I got back to DC I kept it up although only twice a week. Then we moved to the Netherlands and there were so many bike trails that I decided to up my running back to 3 times a week not really knowing how far I'd be going. Then one day 3 miles turned into 6 then 7 and so on. Running is so much fun and something that is about you and your surroundings. You can go as fast/slow and short/long as you want. While in Rotterdam I had been planning to run the Madrid marathon, but that was overcome by other events. I still had that itch to run a marathon to see if I could complete one and so that's how I've ended up getting ready to train for the Portland marathon on October 9th. So come follow along on my journey!

No comments: