08 June 2011

So this is how you get your pace...

After my third consecutive day of running I can see how you end up somewhere around your goal pace. This program is certainly going to be tough and at 35 years old it'll be that much tougher. Because there is only one day of recovery it won't be hard to remember to take it slow, but I will say the speed workouts (and the strength workouts that come later) are going to be hellacious. Today was supposed to be my off day, but since I'm heading to Chicago on a red eye I won't be in much condition for a run in the morning. I'm looking forward to my day off although I'll be packing running gear for two days while I'm out there to at least pick up some more mileage in order to be ready for week 2 next Monday.

Goal: 4-6 miles
Actual: 4.69 miles in 39:21 (8:23/mile pace)
Weather: 67 degrees, clear, winds from the SSW at 5 mph

No comments: