14 August 2007

A new contender to the idiot of the year

I don't know what goes on in Oregon, although I hear from my friend, Derek, there's a lot granola stuff going on. He always talks about getting back together with the gang in his commune and finding a good piece of tire to make some shoes. So when I was told about an article about a woman who might have to forfeit her lotto winnings I was intrigued. When I found out she was from Oregon I wasn't surprised. But of course I wanted to read on!

Christina Goodenow used her then-boyfriend's DEAD mother's credit card to buy a winning $1 million scratch-off ticket. That's pretty fucked up. She even told lotto officials to keep it quiet because she was an abused spouse. Seemingly this woman would appear to be pretty crafty. She probably gets away with it, but the Oregon in her kicked in. She gets caught using the SAME CREDIT CARD again two weeks after she won the million!

She ended up forfeiting the money and was sentenced to a month in prison. Of course, the brilliant Oregon judge decides to get her credit for the one month based on the six months she served earlier this year for possession of meth. It's obvious by the fact she used a dead woman's credit card that good ol' Christina had learned her lesson. Chalk up another one to the fine Oregon education system!

No comments: