12 April 2007

Let's start the insanity...

So this is my first time blogging and I've got a LOT to say. Mostly it's like my title says...I seriously think this country is headed down the shitter via first class. The level of political correctness, lack of PE in schools, no keeping score for kids' sports, etc... We are in serious trouble, people. So where do I start? Let's talk about the issues with racism right now all over the news. Let me preface this first by saying I'm Puerto Rican through and through. Is it me or does this country like to choose what racism they want to raise an uproar over and what gets pushed aside. The whole Don Imus thing is ridiculous. If this guy calls a women's team a bunch of ho's and they're all white who is raising a stink? Answer: NOBODY! Imus calls some women nappy-headed yet Rosie O'Donnell can do a shitty imitation of an Asian person and nothing is done and people come to her defense. Where was the uproar over her comments and actions? Who was labeling her a coward? What advertisers were pulling their ads from ABC and The View? Were her actions any less offensive? I don't think so. Where was Jesse Jackson in all of this? The guy is supposed to head up the Rainbow Push Coalition, not the Black Coalition, and not a peep. It's seriously disgusting to me because people (a chosen few) decide on a level of racism and how offended we should be. This really makes me shake my head because of the absurdity of it all. Now let's get back to my two buddies Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson--these two guys are nothing more than ambulance chasers. They will jump at any opportunity to get in front of the camera. How can a guy like Jesse Jackson stand up and protest against racist remarks when the guy call labeled New York City a town with a bunch of Jewish folks (I won't use the term he used)? This guy is just as despicable as the rest of them. Now I'm not going to bash Rutgers women's team except to say I found it humorous people have mentioned they should be celebrated. I challenge you to name five people outside of New Jersey who were still thinking about the Rutgers bball team after they lost in the last game of the Final Four. Nobody outside of the school (maybe) and the families of the team even care about what they did. That's not me being harsh, but just being honest. So here's example #1 of how we're choosing what is racist enough to call an outrage and what blatant examples of racism can be brushed aside because it's not offensive enough. I'm sure if there was a Rev. Al Chang to go with Al Sharpton and a Rev. Jesse Hernandez to go with Jesse Jackson this would be a more balanced world.

No comments: