17 April 2007

Ummm...yeah...



You might not be able to read this, but if you click on it you can scan it. If you're too lazy to go then I'll tell you it's a Nike ad, which I received in an email. It blabs on about the Rutgers team and the Imus comments. Why? There's a bunch of crap about how it's great for bringing up the Rutgers story, and how we should think before we talk, and that there's another tournament in March. Let me tell you something about this--NOBODY GIVES A SHIT! I'm trying to think of how many people I know actually watch women's basketball and I can't think of any. Nike is right about another tourney in March--the MEN'S tournament! These comments don't push women's sports forward. How many people do you know are going to say, "You know, after those racist and sexist comments, I'm going to watch some women's college softball so I can see a chick who weighs about a deuce-and-a-half squeeze into a pair of size medium spandex shorts!" (Hopefully you don't think I'm being a fattist for those comments) This is ridiculous and I'm done. No more comments until the next poorly veiled attempt at selling some product. I love how Nike's site has a bunch of shit that has NOTHING to do with women's basketball for purchase right below the video. It says, "We're really socially conscious so buy our awesome gear!"

No comments: