01 December 2007

More college football observations

I love college football--so much so that I set my calendar to it. After the bowls recruiting is in the forefront for about a month. Sites like rivals.com let you go crazy speculating about that 5-star recruit your team is after. Then after that are the spring practices followed by the spring game--a little tease about what your team can/will do in the fall. Then you enter that dead period until fall practices start. And even during this blissful period there are a few things that get on my nerves along with the ones I talked about a while back.

First, I want to thank Tim Brando for coming up with the ridiculous habit of calling football teams the "fighting (insert the last name of your coach here)". It's spread to ESPN as well and their College Gameday crew. Who thought this was a good idea? Every team has a nickname--use that. Otherwise start using some of the more colorful nicknames have for their coaches like the "Fighting Did we really pay this ass clown $4 million to lose to Louisiana Monroe"...Bama fans, that one's for you. 6 in a row and counting...

Second, getting the award for most annoying college football announce team is CBS and Vern Lundquist and Gary Danielson. I do so LOVE listening to these guys extol the superhuman abilities of Tim Tebow. Thankfully he wasn't playing the SEC Championship game or else they would've gushed about his courageous effort against a shitty Florida State while having a broken finger. I know what finger I'd like to give these to white bread jackasses. CBS, there's a reason Gary Danielson didn't get re-signed by ABC. Let's get a little new blood into the program. And if I have to hear Lundquist laugh at one of Danielson's idiotic jokes or observations I'm going to vomit.

No comments: