01 December 2007

Imus return is sparking protests

Don Imus will hit the airwaves Monday after being banished for the past 8 months. Apparently some black leaders in Boston led a protest in front of one of the radio stations that will broadcast his new show. Why? Somebody needs to tell these guys they're only helping. Who the hell listens to Imus anymore? The dude was on MSNBC for God's sake! Howard Stern told the Associated Press, "'At this point, I don't think he's very relevant,' Stern said. 'People will tune out within a week. I defy you to listen. It's like a rodeo -- you know, see how long you can ride a bull? See how long you can keep listening to Imus.'" I can't. At all. The dude is B-O-R-I-N-G. I guess if you're 90 and breathing out of a tube you might tune in, but I'd rather listen to someone with diarrhea blast their colon into a toilet.

No comments: