21 October 2007

What the fuck?!

I'm a die hard Auburn fan and I bleed orange and blue. I love Auburn so much I have a tattoo to prove it. Tonight we went into Baton Rouge and played our asses off. Brian Cox, Brad Lester, and Rod Smith were money on the drive to go up 24-23. But how we don't kick it deep is a mystery to me. Those players laid everything out and a shitty decision by the coaching staff cost us a win. I don't care that other things could've happened and they still may have scored. To not put in your rested defense that had to be pumped up is a travesty. And then to not challenge what was an obvious spot was ridiculous. And to not use your two timeouts on the final drive to save time for a possible comeback drives me crazy. I like Tuberville a lot--I think he's a good coach, but what he did tonight is awful. They should lock Tuberville in the press room until he admits to screwing the team out of a win. Coaches will always put the blame on themselves even when it is unwarranted, but the blame sits squarely on them and nobody else here.

No comments: